PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
Whitecart dental care meet the requirements of the Data protection act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulator (GDPR), guidelines on the Information Commissioners website (ICO) as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
THE LAWFUL BASIS TO PROCESS DATA: PROCESSING IS NECESSARY FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF A TASK CARRIED OUT IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST OR IN THE EXERCISE OF OFFICIAL AUTHORITY VESTED IN THE CONTROLLER.
THE LAWFUL BASIS TO PROCESS SPECIAL CATERGORY DATA: PROCESSING IS NECESSARY FOR THE PURPOSES OF PREVENTITIVE OR OCCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE, FOR THE ASSESMENT OF THE WORKING CAPACITY OF THE EMPLOYEE, MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS, THE PROVISION OF HEALTH OR SOCIAL CARE SYSTEMS AND SERVICES ON THE BASIS OF UNION OR MEMBER STATE LAW OR PURSUANT TO CONTRACT WITH A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL AND SUBJECT TO SPECIFIC CONDITIONS AND SAFEGUARDS.
Our Data Protection Officer is
Telephone: 0141 335 2059
You will be asked to provide personal information when joining the practice. The purpose of us processing this data is to provide the optimum healthcare to our patients.
WHAT DATA WE MAY COLLECT AND PROCESS
- Name, DOB, address, next of kin.
- Correspondence we have with patients- appointments, emails, letters and texts.
- Dental records and reports about patient’s health, treatment and care.
- Dental x-rays.
- Relevant information from a guardian or healthcare professional that care for a patient at the practice.
- Medical history which will include GP contact details and email.
- Referral letters from other practices and healthcare professionals.
- Copies of external referral letters and emails.
- All correspondence from the laboratories we use.
- Photographs of dental treatment – short term orthodontics, whitening, fillings and restorative dental work. All photographs are taken and kept securely on the practice computer with the individual’s consent.
- Signed consent forms for clinical photographs and treatment.
- Signed consent forms for use of video testimonials.
- Employee’s personal and financial details.
TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS
If a patient has given us their mobile number to keep on their dental records, we will use this number to send a text reminder for all pending appointments.
WHY DO WE HOLD INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We need to keep comprehensive and accurate personal data about patients to provide safe and appropriate dental care. We will ask patients to update their medical history and contact details every time they come in to see us and we would ask if there are any changes to your circumstances to notify us as soon as possible.
We will retain a patient’s dental records, study models and personal data while they are a patient at Whitecart dental care and after they cease to be a patient for at least 11 years or for children until aged 25, whichever is longer.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We never pass your details on to a third party unless we have a contract with them to process data on our behalf, otherwise it will be kept confidential. If we refer a patient to another practice or healthcare professional we will gain the individuals consent before the referral is sent and personal data is shared.