If you require a more extensive restoration than a crown or have more than one tooth that needs to be repaired, a good solution is a bridge. Here is how they work:
1. Bridges are usually made of a precious metal base, which gives them a solid structure and makes them hard-wearing. If you need a bridge in your smile line, porcelain is usually added to the base to make it look more like real teeth.
2. A bridge helps to strengthen the prepared teeth and makes chewing and eating easier because they are fixed and can’t come out.
3. Some bridges can also be fixed to your jaw with dental implants, if you have several teeth next to each other that are missing.
Once you have a bridge fitted, you will have to take extra care during your daily hygiene regime to ensure it stays plaque free and does not cause bad breath.
• A sturdy way to restore several teeth in a row.
• Beautiful, natural-looking restoration.
• Restores the ability to chew and eat as before.