Have you lost all or some of your natural teeth? Bridges, dentures and flexible dentures are not the only solution, thanks to advances in modern dentistry. Have you heard of dental implants? Implant dentistry offers a clinically proven and safe solution to getting a great smile back and being able to bite and chew with confidence. This is how they work:
1. Dental implants are small metal screws that are placed in the jaw in place of a missing tooth.
2. Once established, crowns, bridges and dentures can be fixed onto the implants, creating a natural-looking and stable restoration.
• When you lose your natural teeth, your jaw bone and surrounding tissues start to resorb or disappear over time. When implants are placed in the jaw, it stimulates the remaining bone to grow and mesh around the metal, along with tiny blood vessels, preventing bone loss.
• Retained bone structure prevents the face from acquiring a ‘sunken’ look.
• Implants help restore function so you can eat, chew and bite as usual.
• Implants are a natural-looking way to replace missing teeth.