Emergency Dental Care
If you have chipped or broken a tooth as a result of an accident or injury, it is very important that you see a dentist as soon as possible. The same goes for one or more knocked out teeth. The sooner you are seen by a dental professional the better the chances that the teeth could be re-implanted, depending on the severity of your injury. Here are some of the steps an emergency dental appointment will cover:
1. A thorough examination of the injured area will be undertaken. This may include dental x-rays to determine the extent of the damage.
2. Depending on the severity of the pain, the area will be numbed with local anaesthetic.
3. The injured area will be sterilised to reduce the risk of infection.
4. The damaged teeth will be restored temporarily or permanently, depending on the case.
5. In severe cases the affected tooth may require extraction and implant treatment will be discussed.